Coordonateur/Chef de camp
Camp : Gracefield Christian Camp and Retreat Centre
Fonction : Program Director
Poste : Coordonateur/Chef de camp
Nb de postes : 1
Ville : Gracefield
Région : Outaouais
Type d'emplois : Saisonnier
Durée : 4 months
Langue au travail : Anglais
Début : 2019-05-01
Se termine : 2019-09-02
Début de la formation : JJ/MM/AA
Fin de la formation : JJ/MM/AA
Rémuneration : $600/wk + room & board
Numéro de référence : 2102
Date de création : 2019-03-15
modification : 2019-03-15
Fin de cette offre : 2019-05-15
The Senior Program Director is responsible for designing, implementing, supervising and executing all of the varied programs of Gracefield Christian Camp and Retreat Centre (GCCRC). The programs encourage a healthy respect for self, neighbour and the natural environment and point participants to a discovery of God and God’s loving concern for the world, all in a safe manner. This is a 24-hour responsibility, with time off each day. In addition, staff receive one 32-hour period off each week. The Senior Program Director shares 24x7 onsite ‘coverage’ responsibility with another senior camp staff member. Must be willing to live on site in assigned quarters. There is a possibility of a full or part-time extension into the fall.
- Design and execute camp programs for the summer season including:
- Children’s camps
- Family camp
- Sunday worship and Bible studies
- LIT (Leaders in Training) program
- Day camps
- Community campfires
- Special events such as a Canada Day celebration
- Develop and implement the spiritual theme and curriculum for the summer including training staff on the spiritual curriculum, and arranging for staff chaplains and worship leaders.
- Hire and supervise program staff including counsellors and lifeguards. Arrange for first aid personnel and bus drivers. Create and manage the schedules of program staff.
- Help ‘doing’ the program-related work as well as supervising.
- Prepare and execute sessions for staff training in accordance with standards provided by the Association des Camps du Quebec.
- Arrange for and supervise program-related volunteers, such as camp ‘hosts’.
- Support the Camp’s marketing and communications efforts by, for example, making church visits, calling the parents of children, and contributing website and other promotional content.
- Work with the Office Manager to prepare and distribute program documents to staff, volunteers and campers such as packing lists, ‘Welcome to Camp’ letters, and information packages.
- Provide support for retreat groups even if they manage their own programs, such as welcoming them to the camp and providing orientation.
- Manage program equipment.
- Work with the kitchen staff to schedule daily meals and snacks, including meals for wilderness camps.
- Provide the Board of Directors with a written final report at the end of the summer. The final report should contain an evaluation of the summer programs, an inventory of equipment, and recommendations for the future.
Qualifications and Necessary Skills:
- Proficient in English. French is an asset.
- Minimum three years’ experience in camping program and/or youth ministry.
- Two years of counselling experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a strong Christian faith and a willingness to serve.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- A creative, playful sense of fun.
- Musical talent such a guitar playing is an asset.
- Willingness to work within a team.
- An interest in nature, and outdoor education.
- Standard first aid and CPR.
- In accordance with the Leading with Care policy of The Presbyterian Church in Canada, screening of adults in involved in ministry with children and youth includes completing a teacher/leader form, an interview by two people, a reference check, and a Police Records Check.